What is Acupuncture?
Acupuncture involves the insertion of very fine, sterile needles into specific points along the body’s channels/meridians, and works to clear blockages and balance the flow of qi/energy throughout the body.
An ancient therapy 3000 years old acupuncture continues to be safe, applicable and effective in our modern world and increasingly popular as an alternative in the West. Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) through thousands of years of observation takes into account the emotional wellbeing, diet and environmental factors to identify the root cause of disharmony in the body.
Benefits of Acupuncture
Acupuncture can be used to treat a specific ailment or simply used to harmonise the body as an effective preventative health measure.
- Effective for pain relief in both chronic and acute pain especially from musculosketal origins such as spinal pain, tendonitis and arthritis.
- Encourages healing of injuries by restoring pathways and increasing circulation to the injured region.
- Calmative and stabilizing effect on the emotions such as irritation, anger, anxiety and grief, especially during temporary or transitory phases in our lives.
- Harmonising effects of acupuncture help the digestive, respiratory, urinary and hormonal systems.
- Acute viral conditions, the common cold, sinusitis or lingering post viral conditions respond well to acupuncture and Chinese herbs.
Acupuncture can be very relaxing and centering, calming the spirit and the mind.
Please feel free to phone or drop in any time to see how we can help you.
Phone 0410 855 630.